We are growing and our Fleet and equipment division is on the lookout for a dynamic dedicated Procurement Specialist to join the team on a fixed-term contract for 18 months. The procurement specialist will be responsible for the procurement of all vehicle and equipment parts and manage all vehicle and equipment suppliers across the business.
About the company:
Intergroup is a substantial national company that provides a diverse range of services, many of which are essential, to all levels of government, industry, corporates, and contracting companies. Intergroup are growing and changing all the time. We are New Zealand's leading Industrial, Infrastructure and Coatings company that has a fleet of over 400 specialized plants operating nationwide.
We are totally committed to the best health and safety practices, they believe people really matter and are passionate about exceeding customer expectations through the delivery of outstanding services to their customers.
Based in Auckland, the role is very diverse and dynamic and requires the procurement Specialist to provide supplier management and undertake parts procurement for all Vehicles & Equipment across Intergroup. This will include the development and implementation of procurement, purchasing, inventory and stock control processes and procedures.
Specifically, the Parts Procurement Specialist is responsible for:
- Negotiating supplier contracts
- Maintaining a register of suppliers and associated contracts
- Managing supply issues with suppliers
- Building and maintaining/manage supplier relationships
- Onboarding of new suppliers
- Developing, implementing, and managing procurement, inventory and stock control processes and procedures including Request for Purchase.
- Managing all vehicle and equipment inventory and stock control
We are seeking a motivated individual who has Proven procurement experience with offshore/international and brings demonstrated knowledge of supplier management and onboarding contract negotiation, procurement, purchasing and inventory and stock control. In addition, a deep understanding of the resilience adaptability and perseverance required to operate successfully in this complex and demanding sector is mandatory.
Skills, competencies, and attributes sought to include:
- Ability to effectively build and maintain positive working relationships and resolve conflict
- Contract negotiation skills
- Financial acumen to support procurement outcomes
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records
- Intermediate Excel skills
What's on offer?
A competitive remuneration, training and opportunities in this expanding organisation.
The successful candidate will need to complete a pre-employment drug screening.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit which is valid for at least one year.